Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows Cannot update

Marian3

1100+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
I have been getting plenty of other apps updated through Microsoft, so I don't believe that the update is a Microsoft issue. I am more likely to believe that this delay is due to sloppy program that failed to clear Microsoft's automated software checks.

As for the event, my guess would be that the event is programmed to work within a certain version of the game. Since that version failed to come out for Windows users, the event is unloadable. Again my guess also is, that something behind the scenes in the program module that handles visiting neighbors has probably changed too. If this change effected the server side of the visiting process, then those, Windows users, with old versions would be unable to visit.

Unfortunately, when new versions come out, Gi has to account for how every platform will be affected, and how the game's servers will be affected. I just thought of this, and this is highly hypothetical, but if Gi changed they way that information gets passed between the servers and the players when visiting neighbors, especially with the information passing potentially across multiple platforms, Microsoft might have found an issue, or security concern, within the programming. This situation would not surprise me, having seen the numerous glitches that I have witnessed within the game. (Again a lot of this is conjecture from a former programmer that specialized in hardware applications.) (This is what happens when a former programmer gets board and cannot keep busy in an event.)
I totally agree with you. I get other apps updates from the Microsoft store and also tend to believe the problem is in the GI programming. I'm facing a lot of recent problems with the game, and it's getting worse between versions.

Right now, for example I have to restart the game a few times during a map run. It looks like there is a memory leak. When I start a Visa center collection, I have to restart to, otherwise the game will crash and I'll lose passenger.

I really hope we will get a good product eventually. I prefer to wait some more time and have the good product than to receive another bad one.

I have been getting plenty of other apps updated through Microsoft, so I don't believe that the update is a Microsoft issue. I am more likely to believe that this delay is due to sloppy program that failed to clear Microsoft's automated software checks.

As for the event, my guess would be that the event is programmed to work within a certain version of the game. Since that version failed to come out for Windows users, the event is unloadable. Again my guess also is, that something behind the scenes in the program module that handles visiting neighbors has probably changed too. If this change effected the server side of the visiting process, then those, Windows users, with old versions would be unable to visit.

Unfortunately, when new versions come out, Gi has to account for how every platform will be affected, and how the game's servers will be affected. I just thought of this, and this is highly hypothetical, but if Gi changed they way that information gets passed between the servers and the players when visiting neighbors, especially with the information passing potentially across multiple platforms, Microsoft might have found an issue, or security concern, within the programming. This situation would not surprise me, having seen the numerous glitches that I have witnessed within the game. (Again a lot of this is conjecture from a former programmer that specialized in hardware applications.) (This is what happens when a former programmer gets board and cannot keep busy in an event.)
Exactly the problem is Gi and they add something in the game update MS didnt approve it and they are trying to fix it but it will take time.

I totally agree with you. I get other apps updates from the Microsoft store and also tend to believe the problem is in the GI programming. I'm facing a lot of recent problems with the game, and it's getting worse between versions.

Right now, for example I have to restart the game a few times during a map run. It looks like there is a memory leak. When I start a Visa center collection, I have to restart to, otherwise the game will crash and I'll lose passenger.

I really hope we will get a good product eventually. I prefer to wait some more time and have the good product than to receive another bad one.
As an aside, I also get that problem when running a VC contract. The solution that works for me is that I visit Madlen after I collect from every ~18 buildings. It slows me down a bit, but not as much as having to restart or losing pax because the game crashed 😒

As an aside, I also get that problem when running a VC contract. The solution that works for me is that I visit Madlen after I collect from every ~18 buildings. It slows me down a bit, but not as much as having to restart or losing pax because the game crashed 😒
Or worse. Recently, collected all neighbor gifts then daily space items - game crashed. Lost all including item for red prep!!! 🤬

Amateurs :clown:

Marian3

1100+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Yes, that's what I'm doing now.

Yesterday I collected fuel from gifts, and started flying. After about 20 flights the game crashed. I lost all the fuel and found out the passengers were not registered. So I had to start visiting Madlen every 5-7 flights.

Top Bottom