Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Banned from Quest

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gdf349
Username
ArGi1981
How is that and "edge case"? GI's Terms and Conditions of use are very clear "you agree not to use the Services in order to.... create more than one account per device". That seems crystal clear to me.

If it is against GI's T&C's it isn't legit.

If the clause is rational is an entirely different question. As is GI's right to decide if they wish to enforce it now or in the future, or simply have it there to potentially use when other violations are found.

To use Ivan's grocery store analogy, Walmart may have 1,000 packs of special offer corn flakes on the shelf, but if a term of the offer is "limited to three per customer", you can only legitimately buy three. Windows Store or Google Play etc. may allow you to install multiple copies of the game, but its in breach of the T&C's if its on one device.
Except that the analogy doesn't really fly for desktop-pc's (or laptops for that matter): There are typically multiple customers using one desktop / device. If you share a computer with your whole family, everyone could play the game on their own account, even without having knowledge of others also playing the game. It's different for smartphones since those are more often used by a single individual and are typically not shared.

A Merryflyer

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03nhxjex
Username
A Merryflyer
Except that the analogy doesn't really fly for desktop-pc's (or laptops for that matter): There are typically multiple customers using one desktop / device. If you share a computer with your whole family, everyone could play the game on their own account, even without having knowledge of others also playing the game. It's different for smartphones since those are more often used by a single individual and are typically not shared.

Sure, you can logically argue that the condition doesn't make sense (and I would happily do that), but that doesn't invalidate the fact that the condition of use exists.

I find it very interesting that some players grumble about players who cheat, but consider breaking this rule to be perfectly acceptable as they can logically justify it - by claiming that more than one person can use a device - when in practice they are running multiple-copies of the game on the same device in order to give themselves an edge over other players or to enhance their enjoyment.

As GI do not seem to enforce the condition, which would indicate to me that they take a pragmatic view, it is to a large extent academic. Players will act in a way which their conscience and moral standards deem appropriate.

But that does not nullify the fact that there is a word for people who break the rules in games.

Last edited:

Arggers

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
272ehvl7
Username
Arggers
...Players will act in a way which their conscience and moral standards deem appropriate.

But that does not nullify the fact that there is a word for people who break the rules in games.

Very much this. For all the things one CAN legimately moan at GI for (and God knows there's a few!), beating them round the head over this one is crazy.

Nobody 'cheats' accidentally. Of course multiple people with multiple accounts and multiple games on the same device isn't cheating. That's not who the clauses are aimed at. Single person, multiple accounts, same game save data on the same device is cheating.

It really isn't rocket science. You know whether you're cheating or not.
One may break the T&Cs accidentally, but they will be treated accordingly.
One wilfully breaks the T&Cs, they lose the right to whine.

A Merryflyer

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03nhxjex
Username
A Merryflyer
I'm not justifying breaking the rules, I'm merely questioning the sense of those rules: Rules should serve a purpose. A desktop-pc is something different than a facebook-account or a smartphone, so simply extending a rule that works for smartphones and facebook to also include desktop-pc's and laptops doesn't make sense. Imho, if they only want to allow for one account per person (which arguably is what they are hinting at by allowing only one account per device), then they should simply put that in their terms.

As very few on here are privy to GI's decision making process when it comes to T&C's - and I'm not one of them - I could only guess and surmise as to why the rule is in place or what GI's intention is.

What we do know from a GI source is that they have no issue with players having more than one account if it is a support account of some kind.

My respectful questioning of your assertion would be, why would you need that rule in place if it was aimed at smartphone and facebook users? Isn't it more likely it is aimed at the devices which readily allow for multiple user accounts?

PhactorPhil

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
20omhnh9
Username
PhactorPhil
Nobody 'cheats' accidentally. Of course multiple people with multiple accounts and multiple games on the same device isn't cheating. That's not who the clauses are aimed at. Single person, multiple accounts, same game save data on the same device is cheating.

Well said!

I cheated accidentally years back when I suddenly had all my planes landed after visiting the ratings map, can't quite remember what happened but was repeatable. Visited a few times after that :whistle: also told a certain board member who used to like to know all the cheats and use them excessively all the time before running off to gi... Most of us never have the time to be so lame.

Nobrakes88

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
04457ompx
Username
CTB78X
Very much this. For all the things one CAN legimately moan at GI for (and God knows there's a few!), beating them round the head over this one is crazy.

Agreed and well said. Thumbs up.

volly

150+ Star Club
The rules to me seem straight forward. To me the rules are in simple terms:
- One friend code per game
- The same friend code must not be found on different games.
- No modifications to the game code
- No using software or hardware to automate functions in the game.
- No using a hack to gain advantage in the game.

I'm confused as to why some folks don't get this.

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
The rules to me seem straight forward. To me the rules are in simple terms:
- One friend code per game
- The same friend code must not be found on different games.
- No modifications to the game code
- No using software or hardware to automate functions in the game.
- No using a hack to gain advantage in the game.

I'm confused as to why some folks don't get this.

Because some people do not have patience with the game.

They want to use any available short cuts whether legal or illegal to get ahead.

pete blake

900+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20uygiqm9
Username
APETE9999
For me, the rarely discussed phenomenon concerns those that feel a medically definable compulsion to "maximise" the benefits of the game and, absent any technical barrier to stop them, plough on.

The effect on this category of person of suddenly removing their ability to play the game can only have a deleterious effect.

For most, playing this game is fun and controllable but for others it can become a compulsive obsession and I think perhaps a nod to that condition would not be amiss.

Just an idea chucked onto the table for others to kick around should they please.
P

Top Bottom