Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

General Avoiding level 60

Molly G

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Username
Azwriter12
I've heard some people say that they have completed enough collections items to reach level 60, but they purposely aren't collecting them. I was wondering why. Is there an advantage to not being maxed out at level 60?

drivefast99

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
awlp2dv
Username
df99
Not sure why you would not want to at level 60. Your fuel is fully restored when you achieve a new level so be strategic and send out flights to reduce all your fuel before you reach a new level.

I have a lot of uncollected collections anticipating a new update that will change the upper level to 65 or even 70.

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
I've heard some people say that they have completed enough collections items to reach level 60, but they purposely aren't collecting them. I was wondering why. Is there an advantage to not being maxed out at level 60?
I think that there is misunderstanding - people reach level 60, but after that they are keeping collections to save exp points for future update as friend above me mentioned. By being at max level any exp reward is waste of experience as exp doesn't grow anymore. But if you keep those collection and when new update arrive (as it was mentioned to in near future will arrive with new exp max and new levels) and open them after you update the game, your experience points will not be wasted and you can progress to new top within few minutes.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
That would be me. Let's bring it down what advantages lvl 60 has for someone who keeps coherent fleet:
+ larger fuel limit.
Now the disadvantages:
- new guest planes appear: require very costly investment in lvl6 runway or you lose some of guest planes
- new guest planes appear: more types mean that low-level types are now rarer. Guest jets or deltas bring you spare parts. Guest Giants and Falcons bring nothing useful.
- new annoying side quests appear that you won't be able to do in months to come.

And the most important, as @drivefast99 noted. But what he sees as advantage:
- level up is a full fuel refill. If you're not doing something fuel-intensive, leveling up is a waste of this fuel.

So IMHO the drawbacks greatly outweigh the benefits, and I'd gladly stay at lvl 50 if I could.
The last point was pretty much the most important. I was saving that fuel. I eventually fired up all the outstanding collections when I needed the coins for MCC3 - I used that fuel for a ranking push, but it was still sub-optimal use of this fuel, as I didn't have enough planes. It would be much better if I could buy extra planes first (over the regular 11) - but I as I said I didn't have coins to spare on 3 planes that would be grounded without extra fuel anyway.

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
On numerous occasions, my fuel didn't restore when levelling. I noticed on my main game and I experience it nowadays on my support. It happens when I collect collections and on fewer occasions when I collect on incoming flights. I always receive the greenies, though...

Jgm85

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
af40w2p (old) 04HBT2AFX (current)
Username
jgm85
On numerous occasions, my fuel didn't restore when levelling. I noticed on my main game and I experience it nowadays on my support. It happens when I collect collections and on fewer occasions when I collect on incoming flights. I always receive the greenies, though...

I noticed this as well, usually caused by a GI popup advertising another game. Usually need a restart to get the new quests.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
Aalm14s
Username
Khiez follow by item needed
Does the level will be automatically levelling up if new level comes out depend on how much point we are sum up ? though at the moment max at lvl 60.

drivefast99

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
awlp2dv
Username
df99
Does the level will be automatically levelling up if new level comes out depend on how much point we are sum up ? though at the moment max at lvl 60.

No, once you reach level 60 your experience stops increasing.

Back in the early days, the experience would continue and you would automatically level up but they changed it with one of the updates - I think when they went from 50 to 55.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Sky Elf
Username
Sky Elf
Aren't there any collections that the level 6 planes drop that lower level planes don't?

Also, what is the level maximum for iPad users. I heard it was lower than for Android users.

Device
  1. Android
Username
belledohna
Aren't there any collections that the level 6 planes drop that lower level planes don't?

Also, what is the level maximum for iPad users. I heard it was lower than for Android users.

Hi Sky Elf!
Falcons can drop a collection of five different bonsai trees for the "All Flesh is Grass" collection (as well as items you can get from other planes.)

The building you can get from this collection is the Private Conservatory (gives 105 coins@4 hrs).
Sorry can't help with i-questions. :)

Device
  1. Android
Username
belledohna

Hi!

Khiez, I think if a new level comes out, you simply need to "collect" all those collections (the tab just to the left of your neighbours tab, if anybody is wondering.)
If you always keep them collected, you are getting the coins but the "sky cap" points are now going to waste if you are at level 60.
So it's a balancing act: hold off if you know a new level is coming and you don't need launch items, etc., but collect them if you do.

Back when, I took both of my games from level 50 to level 55 in about an hour, just opening chests.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
Yes they are. But collections are not all equal. The most important collection IMHO is the smart one. So having more types of guest planes will only slow down getting your 6 smart houses.

The Falcon collection reward is just a coin producer (which are pretty useless buildings in general) and it's a crappy 4 hour long one (when the maximum time you can be away from the game is obviously 110 minutes at lvl 60). So as far as guest plane collections go, Falcons are the least valuable IMHO.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Sky Elf
Username
Sky Elf
Yes they are. But collections are not all equal. The most important collection IMHO is the smart one. So having more types of guest planes will only slow down getting your 6 smart houses.

The Falcon collection reward is just a coin producer (which are pretty useless buildings in general) and it's a crappy 4 hour long one (when the maximum time you can be away from the game is obviously 110 minutes at lvl 60). So as far as guest plane collections go, Falcons are the least valuable IMHO.

I already have 6 Smart Houses, but 5 of them are in inventory because land is so expensive.

Top Bottom