Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Are Blue Launches Obsolete?

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Just curious about people's views in regards to blue launches. I think they've become "the middle sibling that's forgotten". We all know that green launches play their role in gathering QL's, and red launches are great for getting money and gathering gold tokens. However, the blue launch just sort of sits there in the middle, with no unique attribute. It's not as efficient when it comes to gathering QL's (need spare wire and additional radar which is harder to harvest), and though 1st place can get you $10K, it doesn't have the perk of getting gold tokens with a 1st through 3rd position. These are just my views...does anyone else agree? If there is a way to make the blue launch better, what would you suggest?

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Agreed. Either have gold token rewards or increase the coins to 15,000 first place.
That 15k would be a nice boost, and it would definitely make it more feasible in terms of getting a good amount of money for using less resources compared to red, but I still feel like it would get neglected. I think what would help is to have a 3 gold coin reward for doing the special collection in addition to the 15k reward you suggested for 1st (with 8k for second and 4k for 3rd), and bump the red launch up to 6 coins for completing a Waterworld collection. Now that would be sweet.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
The addition of gold coins would peak my interest for sure,
Exactly. Especially since red gives so little already. Just relegate the 3 gold token reward to blue launches and make the red launches reward 6 gold tokens. Leave green launches as they are. They fulfill their purpose and shouldn't be as rewarding as the other two.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
It sounds nice but G! will never increase the income of gold tokens. They are trying to do the opposite - lower drop rate from planetariums >> less launches >> less gold tokens needed to restart CBM >> limited production of free greenies >> (supposedly) more money for G!
Hmm im assuming that's probably the main reason why gold tokens are so limited....from the mint reset. That's a lot of gold tokens to give up though...sheesh. However, they still need to do something about it. I think that's why blue launches were a part of the "It Came From Outer Space" event....it never gets used lol

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Hmm im assuming that's probably the main reason why gold tokens are so limited....from the mint reset. That's a lot of gold tokens to give up though...sheesh. However, they still need to do something about it. I think that's why blue launches were a part of the "It Came From Outer Space" event....it never gets used lol
Overall it is pretty pointless, once you have your maximum number of space monuments.
However I must say I do fly blue on a semi regular basis. I have an abundance of maps (green launches) to gain QLs, but am short on infared telescopes for red launches. I get 2 a day now visiting planetariums exclusively, and I like to QL red so tend to save up. So on a day to day I often fly blue as you get more fuel than from a green launch, hence my only reason for flying blue

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Overall it is pretty pointless, once you have your maximum number of space monuments.
However I must say I do fly blue on a semi regular basis. I have an abundance of maps (green launches) to gain QLs, but am short on infared telescopes for red launches. I get 2 a day now visiting planetariums exclusively, and I like to QL red so tend to save up. So on a day to day I often fly blue as you get more fuel than from a green launch, hence my only reason for flying blue
Oh ok that's an interesting use of Blue. The thing is that I'm very cautious about using launch resources from the "big 3" because I'm pretty limited in quantity. Because of that, I only use them on the other two launches since I'll be getting another benefit from its use. However, if resources isn't a problem and you dont have a lot of IR telescopes, then using blue makes sense.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Oh ok that's an interesting use of Blue. The thing is that I'm very cautious about using launch resources from the "big 3" because I'm pretty limited in quantity. Because of that, I only use them on the other two launches since I'll be getting another benefit from its use. However, if resources isn't a problem and you dont have a lot of IR telescopes, then using blue makes sense.
True, fuel isn't an issue for me currently, just snotty scopes

Top Bottom