Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Alliance Guide for New Players

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wcq1z2q
Username
andreasmrg
I was reading random posts here and discovered that there is no guide about how the alliance works. To tell you the truth, I also would like to know how this aspect of the game work, so if you are kind enough, please shed some light and guide us.
How does an alliance work?
How many members does it have?
Minimum requirements if any?
What planes do we need?
What flights do we fly?
What are the alliance flights tab in the game?
Whatever you think is important to mention.

Thank you in advance.

Ten33go

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM me for friend code
Username
Ten33go
I was reading random posts here and discovered that there is no guide about how the alliance works. To tell you the truth, I also would like to know how this aspect of the game work, so if you are kind enough, please shed some light and guide us.
How does an alliance work?
How many members does it have?
Minimum requirements if any?
What planes do we need?
What flights do we fly?
What are the alliance flights tab in the game?
Whatever you think is important to mention.

Thank you in advance.

I'll see what I can do to answer your questions. If anything is incorrect or missing, anyone feel free to correct it or add to it.

How does an alliance work? An alliance is a group of flyers who join as a team. They then continue to do what you normally do with this game, you fly places. All members passenger totals are recorded for a week. When the ratings change on Sunday, that ends / starts a new week. Your basic goal is to fly as many passengers as you can combined for that week.

You are rewarded for your efforts with bonuses, fuel and maps to alliance destinations. These destinations also have collections and things you can get.

How many members does it have? If you start your own, In the beginning, I think you can have 3 or 4 members (including yourself). As your alliance grows, you gain points and after a certain time you can add another alliance member after reaching certain point totals..

Minimum requirements if any? Aside from being alive and having the game downloaded? None. :p

Unless you want to start your own. In which case, you'll need to get an alliance headquarters building. Once you have that, you can create an alliance.

What planes do we need? The same ones you use now. All alliance destinations use the same planes as the normal or adventure flights do. It just depends on your level, and what type of planes you're flying, as well as the rest of your alliance. Obviously, the bigger your planes, the more passengers you can fly.

What flights do we fly? This my friend, depends on the alliance you decide you want to run, or if you join one, what they want. In other words, you can have a casual alliance (Like the one I'm in on both accounts), where you continue to fly as you normally do, advance as fast or as slow as you want, and no one pushes you to fly more.

Or, you can opt for the go for the gold variety (Meaning, that's all you're in it for is the glory and benefits, and nothing else, which means that you fly for the alliance only, and not for your own benefit or at your own pace.)

What are the alliance flights tab in the game? Those are the destinations that alliance maps let you fly to and collect things - See above.

Whatever you think is important to mention. All I can offer is this. If you start your own alliance, decide what type you want it to be, casual or go for the gold.

If you join someone else's alliance, I'd ask them how they look at it, and what they expect of you. Some people will put a certain minimum of passengers when they solicit members, but other won't. Never hurts to ask before accepting an invite, could lead to problems down the road.

Like I've said multiple times before in many other parts of this forum, it's just a game. Yes, some of us (Including myself) have spent real money, but it still doesn't change that fact. We're here to have fun, get along, help each other out, enjoy each others company, share humor, suggestions, tips, etc.

Okay, hope that helps in some small way. It's been a long day and week work wise, so my apologies if some of it doesn't seem to make sense. :D :p

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wcq1z2q
Username
andreasmrg
@Ten33go Thank you for the great post.
One thing only, the destinations you fly, is the normal game destinations (ie Canaveral for Turboprops) and the alliance maps is destinations you earn when you hit high ranking. Joining an alliance doesn't mean that you purple maps count for passengers totals, does it?

Ten33go

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM me for friend code
Username
Ten33go
@andreasmrg - My apologies if I misunderstand the question, but you have to be a member of an alliance to be able to fly o the purple map destinations. As far as I know, ALL flights count towards your passenger totals, normal flights, adventure flights and alliance flights. The alliances have their own team rating, but not sure if they have individual flight rankings like normal flights do. I know adventure flights don't register as far as weekly rankings.

@RavenENTP - The only passengers that count towards your alliance numbers are your own flights. Guest plane passengers are not counted, as you didn't fly them yourself.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
Purple destinations are REWARD for winning alliance ranking. They're not a REQUIREMENT. Unless your alliance is very, very good (top 100) you won't even get them.

Only thing that counts is number of passengers in a timeframe of 1 week. If alliance is your #1 priority you'd want to be flying the largest possible plane on the fastest possible route. That is theoretically Giant (S2 or S3 at best) at excavations routes (because they take 6 hours instead of regular 8). The second best would be regular Jumbo if you can't stand the Giant repair costs.

Currently the smallest effort for an alliance to grow is to rank in top300 (my guess). That's around 130k passengers per week. This means that lvl1 (4 members) alliance can grow when its members can do over 30k per week on average - which is pretty easy IMHO.

Last edited:
@andreasmrg - My apologies if I misunderstand the question, but you have to be a member of an alliance to be able to fly o the purple map destinations. As far as I know, ALL flights count towards your passenger totals, normal flights, adventure flights and alliance flights. The alliances have their own team rating, but not sure if they have individual flight rankings like normal flights do. I know adventure flights don't register as far as weekly rankings.

@RavenENTP - The only passengers that count towards your alliance numbers are your own flights. Guest plane passengers are not counted, as you didn't fly them yourself.
Ten,you can do all week adventure flight and all those passengers are counted to the total of passengers carried for that week.
You can do normal flight in the world and you can do Adventure flights or Alliance flights using those maps and all passengers are counted.

Ten33go

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM me for friend code
Username
Ten33go
@Radu81 - I know the passengers all count for the alliance rankings, what I meant was that adventure flights don't count as far as rankings go. And not sure alliance ones do either, but haven't done any alliance flights yet, so don't know. :D

@Radu81 - I know the passengers all count for the alliance rankings, what I meant was that adventure flights don't count as far as rankings go. And not sure alliance ones do either, but haven't done any alliance flights yet, so don't know. :D
@Ten33go Yes,you are right Ten.Is no ranking for adventure and alliance flights just the passengers are counted to the total of passengers carried for that week,nothing else

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
Purple destinations are REWARD for winning alliance ranking. They're not a REQUIREMENT. Unless your alliance is very, very good (top 100) you won't even get them.

Only thing that counts is number of passengers in a timeframe of 1 week. If alliance is your #1 priority you'd want to be flying the largest possible plane on the fastest possible route. That is theoretically Giant (S2 or S3 at best) at excavations routes (because they take 6 hours instead of regular 8). The second best would be regular Jumbo if you can't stand the Giant repair costs.

Currently the smallest effort for an alliance to grow is to rank in top300 (my guess). That's around 130k passengers per week. This means that lvl1 (4 members) alliance can grow when its members can do over 30k per week on average - which is pretty easy IMHO.
Actually falcons are more productive for alliance - 350 passenger in 3 hours per one flight :)

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
204zj1df
Username
a jim s
Based on the alliance counts I have seen, an alliance has to do flight hurry ups to get anywhere in the rankings. This means spending fuel and passenger reserves, not just flying the normal durations and harvesting new passengers and fuel.

Ten33go

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM me for friend code
Username
Ten33go
@jimstreet - That depends on the alliance you're in, and how many members it has. For example, the 2 that I'm in are not high pressure. You just fly the way you normally fly. No all out assault is required for flights and no speed ups (Unless you intend to do that for your own benefit) are necessary. You just fly the way you planned, and continue on as normal. the other members in my alliances outfly me 20:1 (Modest estimate) but we always end up in the top 25 in the rankings on one, and top 50-60 in the other.

Obviously, the higher up your alliance is, the more you get, but everyone gets something like fuel, maps to alliance destinations (Higher ranking, more maps) and bonuses (Dice). The maps lead to more collections and better bonuses, as well as S3 planes. So, it can be worth it to participate, but you have to find a group of people who are like minded, and best case scenario, don't pressure you to change the way you're doing things.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
Based on the alliance counts I have seen, an alliance has to do flight hurry ups to get anywhere in the rankings. This means spending fuel and passenger reserves, not just flying the normal durations and harvesting new passengers and fuel.
I am now really torn between explaining how wrong you are and leaving you in your mistake, thus lowering the competition ; )
Appreciate Ten33go's answer.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
The alliance I am in ranks around 2500. Of course, I am just flying jets so that may be part of the issue.
4 people outputting bit over 20k is enough to score a point. Those points will eventually get you 5th member.
Without boost you'll never reach #1, but you'll get high enough to reap some rewards. Alliance maps being the most valuable one.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
204zj1df
Username
a jim s
4 people outputting bit over 20k is enough to score a point. Those points will eventually get you 5th member.
Without boost you'll never reach #1, but you'll get high enough to reap some rewards. Alliance maps being the most valuable one.
Is that 20k per member per week? or 20k per member per day?

Seems like to break into the top 100, an alliance needs 300k/week.

I don't see anything in the GI game info that implies anything is awarded to an alliance if they are not in the top 100. Is your information based on experience?

I am not getting a useful point. I seem to be lucky to get 20k/week, so I am not seeing any hope of awards from my experience.

This would imply that I would have to search for a more productive, yet still tolerant alliance.

Any useful thoughts, or would you prefer to enjoy my continuing confusion? :)

Ten33go

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM me for friend code
Username
Ten33go
20,000 per member a week. Obviously, if you have bigger planes,, and more of them, then you will have a lot more. For example, one member of one of my alliances flew over 1,000,000 in a week...THREE different weeks. Now, granted, that is something that doesn't happen every week.

I believe alliance rewards are at least top 100. Can't quite remember though.

The point of it is, it's another facet of the game that provides you with new planes, new stars and various super bonuses that you can't get otherwise. Some of those last for 7 days! This would also benefit your other aspects of the game such as launches, launch boxes, fight items, collectible items, etc.

Alliances all start small, and work their way up. The go for broke alliances push for more flights from their members, thus, you achieve higher ranking and rewards, but your other plans go by the wayside because you don't have time to do anything but alliance flights.

Just another example of the portions of the game that most people have yet to still explore. Same with excavation maps, space maps, etc. Most people just try and get the normal destinations completed and obtain stars and whatever collections they can.

Though just a game, it is multi faceted if you wish to explore it, and everyone goes about it in their own unique way. Remember, in most things, there is no right way or wrong way of doing things, as long as you are enjoying yourself and continue to have fun.

Top Bottom