Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Airport City Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigglesbaz

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20so7vj6
Username
Bigglesbaz
Like this @Bigglesbaz
Easy - just put an '@' symbol before typing their name. It'll need to be their forum name rather than their game name though...but I got as far as "Bigg" before it narrowed down to you...

Often, you can use this method to work out whether any potential new neighbours are forummers too
Nice one. :) Thank you. Baz :)

JayBee

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03be7pmi
Username
JayJay(+urgent item needs)
Call me dense...but I don’t see how this is a bonus....I’m sure I am missing the meaning of the spirit of adventure bonus...because what I’m interpreting is once activated, the time on all active flights that require a map will triple...for example increase from 6 hours to 18 hours.

so can someone tell me how increasing flight time is a bonus?

This is from the AC bonus FAQ
Spirit of Adventure — This bonus increases the duration of all active flights that require a flight map 3 times (from the basic time).

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
Call me dense...but I don’t see how this is a bonus....I’m sure I am missing the meaning of the spirit of adventure bonus...because what I’m interpreting is once activated, the time on all active flights that require a map will triple...for example increase from 6 hours to 18 hours.

Spirit of Adventure — This bonus increases the duration of all active flights that require a flight map 3 times (from the basic time).

If you are trying to complete adventure building flights, this allows you to be able to do more flights as the time limit as increased.

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
So are you saying the map time is increased by 3...and not the actual flights?

I believe so, if you quote is accurate it is the duration not the actual flights that are increased.

What would be the benefit of making flights longer, it suppose to a bonus is suppose to help players not hinder them.

JayBee

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03be7pmi
Username
959D2FF5-2972-402C-BCB8-DE953870F4A4.jpeg
I believe so, if you quote is accurate it is the duration not the actual flights that are increased.

What would be the benefit of making flights longer, it suppose to a bonus is suppose to help players not hinder them.
Thanks..my thoughts as well ...and the quote is accurate..which says the opposite of what I think it should men and what you are saying....because it says the duration of active flights...not active maps.
Have you ever used this bonus?

This bonus increases the flight time by a factor of 3 i.e. that is map time 3 hrs + bonus = 9 hrs. As far as I can recall the flights are tied to the maps, say, if I send a flight to Bangalore it will go for the duration of the map if the map is 12 hrs that plane will only return after 12 hrs, so if you add this bonus that plane will only return after 36 hrs. As to what is the true benefit, I'm yet to find out also because it does not make sense to wait that long for a plane to return whereas the TRUE BONUSES run for 6 hrs.

This thread (and comments) make it clear.

http://airportcitygame.com/threads/mystery-super-bonuses-all-platforms.14445/

Spirit of adventure bonus increase duration of all active maps (not flights) that are required for a flight - 3 times.

This thread (and comments) make it clear.

http://airportcitygame.com/threads/mystery-super-bonuses-all-platforms.14445/

Spirit of adventure bonus increase duration of all active maps (not flights) that are required for a flight - 3 times.
This is fully understood however the gripe is the bonus side. Also take in mind that a flight is tied to the map so if a normal map runs for 6 hrs the flight time is 6 hrs and thus consequently the addition of this bonus make the flight time even longer, so, where is the bonus in such circumstances?

JayBee

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03be7pmi
Username

JayBee

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03be7pmi
Username
This is fully understood however the gripe is the bonus side. Also take in mind that a flight is tied to the map so if a normal map runs for 6 hrs the flight time is 6 hrs and thus consequently the addition of this bonus make the flight time even longer, so, where is the bonus in such circumstances?
@Teboho click on the link Fertob posted and read down past the first post...others explain how it works...which is the same info that cosmic fuel provided above.

Perhaps someone doesn't want to use fuel for instant return, maybe just flying with jetpack or vintage weathervane. They can get more flights done if that 6 hour map will last 18 hours, and can possibly get a lot more flights done.

Edit: I use it frequently flying excavation maps, since I have plenty of regular dice to keep them active while flying.

Perhaps someone doesn't want to use fuel for instant return, maybe just flying with jetpack or vintage weathervane. They can get more flights done if that 6 hour map will last 18 hours, and can possibly get a lot more flights done.

Edit: I use it frequently flying excavation maps, since I have plenty of regular dice to keep them active while flying.
Some light is shining.
But, what would be the benefit in a case of adventure and space flights where GD is used? Bearing in mind that GD runs for 6 hrs and not a second longer?

Some light is shining.
But, what would be the benefit in a case of adventure and space flights where GD is used? Bearing in mind that GD runs for 6 hrs and not a second longer?
Good question - I wouldn't use it if I'm flying with GD. I always use fuel for instant return for those flights. Maybe doing excavation flights is its main use. Or if you have extra maps, just flying for stars.

Last edited:

JayBee

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03be7pmi
Username
Th
The tiff is not how it works but what is the benefit?
I think it’s benedicial to have more time to fly the maps...so you aren’t locked in to just 3 hours or 6 hour or whatever the duration of the map. For example if I have a 6hour map and the bonus changes the duration to 18 hours...I can start I won’t need to do instant returns continuously...Maybe if you have several planes flying some could be done with instant returns while others can fly the full 6 hours ...3 times each or with fuel cat and still get in several flights...I can take a break for a few hours and resume later...

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Hazman1786
Username
Hazman71pro
Regarding the cloud atlas collection, i have recently clicked in excess of 200 clouds( i have however done many more than this On my account) with no drop of any items what so ever, i am a level 28 and found out about the cloud atlas colection at around level 10 , since then i have collected 1 cat and 1 elephant calf , i see alot of people saying how high their drop rates are from clouds yet i cant seem to get any to drop. Is there a trick or technique i am not aware of or is it simply a question of R&G ?

pete blake

900+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20uygiqm9
Username
APETE9999
Regarding the cloud atlas collection

It takes forever...…

I've now got 51 sets - but I click every cloud that passes and it has taken me forever. Sometimes you will see a better drop rate for a short time - but I t stops just as quickly as it starts. Its a long term thing. And don't even think about triple clicking on trees........

:)
P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom