Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Airport City cash Has this happened to you?

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a3evr0p
Username
Cowboy Roper
I bought some Airport City cash a month ago and I did not get what I paid for. I got DOUBLE the amount. I checked my credit card statement and I was charged only once for the purchase.

I have sent GI Support a message about the 'free' Airport City cash I got. I do not know if they will let me keep it. I told them I did not want to be charged again, though. I guess I will have to wait and see what they do.

I'll be honest, part of me did not want to tell GI Support about this, because I figured they would remove the Airport City cash from my game. I haven't spent any of the 'free' Airport City cash yet.
Doing the 'right thing' isn't easy, and I guess that is how you know it is the right think to do.

Sorry I will get off my soap box now.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a3evr0p
Username
Cowboy Roper
Yes, I am sure about that. I got twice what I paid for. Maybe this is a bonus to celebrate the fifth year of Airport City? LOL
Maybe they will give me some free Airport City cash for my honesty, but I am not expecting anything like that.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
Please PM Neighbor and Gift Requests
Username
SDave, Derby, and Tatsu
Yes, I am sure about that. I got twice what I paid for. Maybe this is a bonus to celebrate the fifth year of Airport City? LOL
Maybe they will give me some free Airport City cash for my honesty, but I am not expecting anything like that.
I bought a belt on Amazon and they sent me two of them. I contacted them as to how I should return it. They thanked me for my honesty and suggested I might donate it to someone who needs it. That is a company with excellent customer service.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a3evr0p
Username
Cowboy Roper
I got a reply from GI Support. They asked for the purchase ID number. Took me a while to dig it up, but I did find it. I sent the information to them. In case anyone is interested, I will let you know what action they decide to take.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a3evr0p
Username
Cowboy Roper
Well, I heard back from GI Support regarding the 'free' Airport City Cash that I received. They thanked me for bringing this situation to their attention. They decided to let me keep the 'free' Airport City cash that I received as a gift. I am happy by this decision, and somewhat surprised.
Robby I do not know how to 'donate' Airport City cash to other players. I don't think you can do that as a gift.
This certainly made my morning.

Device
  1. Android
Well, I heard back from GI Support regarding the 'free' Airport City Cash that I received. They thanked me for bringing this situation to their attention. They decided to let me keep the 'free' Airport City cash that I received as a gift. I am happy by this decision, and somewhat surprised.
Robby I do not know how to 'donate' Airport City cash to other players. I don't think you can do that as a gift.
This certainly made my morning.
Lol, of course I was kidding.
Enjoy your green.
Salute to you and honour GI.
You are an honest man.

Sammy KingSAM

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
047q1vbx
Username
KingSAM
Wow.
Such honesty, you are a great person. The world needs more of you.

It has happened to me a lot when I was very new to the game level 12 or so, by then I didn't know much about the game, support desk & forum so I just kept quite.
Then one day I was budgeting on the double bonus, and it didn't happen. So I bought three times thinking that the was a system error, cos I was used to the buy one get two...
It was a norm for me.
Anyway at least now I know it was an error. My last 5 purchase where normal not double.
I think it was a play store error not G!
Payments are processed through Google play store

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a3evr0p
Username
Cowboy Roper
Well for a while there I was tempted to keep my mouth shut, thinking that maybe a second charge would appear on my credit card statement. However, when it did not, I realized that I had to let GI Support know because I knew that was the right thing to do. I was fairly certain that I was going to have to return the free Airport City cash. (Sigh) I also knew that if I did not tell GI about it, and they checked my game, they might remove the 'free' Airport City cash at any time.

I was shocked when they told me that they were letting me keep the free Airport City cash as a gift! That is NOT a small gift from GI as 1,200 Airport City cash it is worth $119.99 in real money.

The hardest part will be to curb the urge to buy stuff with greenies to speed things up. I need to save my greenies for important things like land expansion and power plants.

I am sorry if it sounds like I am bragging about this, because let's be honest I sort of am. (grin) It is just such a shock that GI decided to do this for me. Yes I have bought several hundred dollars worth of greenies over the years of playing Airport City, but I never imagined they would do something like this.

One very happy Canadian Cowboy. (Waving his hat in the air with a loud YEE-HA!!!!)

Device
  1. Android
Well for a while there I was tempted to keep my mouth shut, thinking that maybe a second charge would appear on my credit card statement. However, when it did not, I realized that I had to let GI Support know because I knew that was the right thing to do. I was fairly certain that I was going to have to return the free Airport City cash. (Sigh) I also knew that if I did not tell GI about it, and they checked my game, they might remove the 'free' Airport City cash at any time.

I was shocked when they told me that they were letting me keep the free Airport City cash as a gift! That is NOT a small gift from GI as 1,200 Airport City cash it is worth $119.99 in real money.

The hardest part will be to curb the urge to buy stuff with greenies to speed things up. I need to save my greenies for important things like land expansion and power plants.

I am sorry if it sounds like I am bragging about this, because let's be honest I sort of am. (grin) It is just such a shock that GI decided to do this for me. Yes I have bought several hundred dollars worth of greenies over the years of playing Airport City, but I never imagined they would do something like this.

One very happy Canadian Cowboy. (Waving his hat in the air with a loud YEE-HA!!!!)
Santa GI

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
This has happened to me as well. I notified GI and sent screenshots. After a week or so they told me that it was their error and I could keep the bank notes.
When I first started playing, I bought 99 bank notes and got 1,099 by mistake. I sent GI the screen shots and the iTunes receipt and they told me I had a week to spend all the bank notes until I was left with my original greenies plus 99.
Yes, they do try to get you to spend real money; their "freemium" business model is to earn money for the company. (Isn't capitalism wonderful.) But they are also fairly generous when the mistake is theirs.
Cheers,
Tom

Top Bottom