Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Airport City 2017

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
download

Hey all!

It's been a few months since my previous 'state of affairs' post and I've received several requests to let you know what's coming next. Well, we're still finalizing our plans for the whole year internally, but there's no reason to keep you in the dark about what we've already decided and is a 'work in progress' now.

• Some of the older special events will make a return this year with new rewards for completing them; On the Wings of Love and The Spring Has Come to name a few.
  • We've done extensive work on our terrain generation system and starting with update 5.1 you'll see your neighbor cities load a lot faster; it's more noticeable on weaker devices, of course.
  • Daily missions that are similar to those we have at Facebook. Difficulty of the tasks varies based on your level.
  • More levels, more destinations, more planes. You'll be able to explore new locations with your Condor plane, including Lagos, Prague, Karachi, Dallas and Bangor, Maine — and then we'll move on to smaller birds again.
  • More collections and buildings, obviously. It's hard to top a Card Castle, but we have a few aces up our sleeves, so to speak. There's a sketch of one of the new buildings below, and more conventional residential and commercial properties are coming as well.
  • New adventures. Everyone's favorite way to get random collectible items daily is sure to be back with a vengeance! We've just completed The Wheel of Time ark of 6 collections, and are exploring our options with new directions those adventures might take you to.
  • New special events! We've done several of them last year and intend to introduce new and exciting challenges this year as well.
  • Space launches and competition of alliances are among the most popular activities in Airport City, and I hope we'll bring you major updates for both in 2017.

Take care and have a fun time with your Airport City!

download

diwata

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a8y6rft
Username
diwata
Thanks for keeping us up to date, Ivan. It's nice to have something to look forward to.

On the Wings of Love and The Spring Has Come will come back. - That is good because many recent players have not had the chance on these quests. Of course, we need the hard quests back this year also, starting with A Walk in the Clouds and Down the Rabbit Hole, if I remember correctly.

More levels, more destinations, more planes. - Any target month/quarter this will roll out?

Last edited:

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
One more thing, folks, that concerns those who play on iOS and have multiple games on iPad and iPhone under the same Game Center account. That will no longer be possible in a few months because we’ll be releasing a unified build — there’ll be no separate versions of the game for iPad and iPhone any longer. I know some of you used that to your advantage through having ‘support’ games, but that move is a necessity for a variety of reasons.

Choose a game that you consider your main one, and our support team will assist you with transferring your purchases and/or unique buildings from your support game to the main one. Needless to say, there’s more detailed information coming later through our official Facebook community.

On the plus side, when this transition is over restoring your lost game will be much easier. Say, if you decided to get a new iPhone, transferring progress from an older iPad or iPhone to this new device will require you just signing in to Game Center and the latest version of your profile will be automatically downloaded from our servers without the hassle of contacting the support team.

Thanks for the update, looking forward to the new challenges!!!

You are welcome! There will be challenges both for new and experienced players.

Very useful information. Thanks for telling about your plan.
Hope you'll give a thought to CBM this year.

What’s a CBM?

Thanks for the information. Amazing castle.
Will there be an opportunity for the newer players to get some of the older reward buildings?

I can never rule out a possibility of a new edition of Mystery Super Building coming out, but that’s a distant possibility. Generally, there’s only one chance to get an event reward.

Didn't see Madlyn pop ups noted. Wish you'd can her so I can buy greenies again, I don't like risking my money.

There’s a confirmation window for all Madlen’s offers since update 5.0
You can turn the confirmation window off if you like, though.

If you ever need to reset all of your settings to default for those kind of things, open up the Settings menu and choose Reset to Defaults. All confirmation windows will be back.

Thanks for keeping us up to date, Ivan. It's nice to have something to look forward to.

On the Wings of Love and The Spring Has Come will come back. - That is good because many recent players have not had the chance on these quests. Of course, we need the hard quests back this year also, starting with A Walk in the Clouds and Down the Rabbit Hole, if I remember correctly.

More levels, more destinations, more planes. - Any target month/quarter this will roll out?

Well, we’ll repeat some special events, not all of them. As for the update schedule, we’ll try to do an update roughly every month, with a major one coming every 2-3 months.

No Mars Attack!!! Ivan?

I’ve thought I’ve got it covered with 'major updates' concerning space launches! We’ll see how it goes. There’s a lazy way of doing it and a proper way. The lazy way is to upgrade existing space buildings to a new level and get some additional collections and buildings from a new space mission while changing nothing at a game core. We could have done it already, but I believe that’s boring, and we all deserve some new gameplay from space missions. Space, after all, is all about big dreams.

good to improve the loading speed; but what about the power consumption?
I had to buy a power bank to be able to play all the way in my 30 min daily train journey

We’ll do our best, of course, but there’s no easy way to reduce power consumption without sacrificing game perfomance and/or scale. There’re some limitations that come from a proprietary game engine that we use, too. If it’s updated by its developers, we usually have to update to the latest version as well quite soon with all advantages and disadvantages it brings — once in a while we have to discontinue support of some older devices because of that, for example.

Free2Play, thanks for sharing the heads-up for 2017. I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks for your support!

1. More Land
2. Mars
3. UFO event
4. Age of Ashes

And please work hard on cheaters.
I wanna say thank you for the great game......

Gotcha, although I wouldn’t promise anything specific.
And we’ll continue to improve our measures against cheaters, that’s for sure.

Last edited:

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
One more thing, folks, that concerns those who play on iOS and have multiple games on iPad and iPhone under the same Game Center account. That will no longer be possible in a few months because we’ll be releasing a unified build — there’ll be no separate versions of the game for iPad and iPhone any longer. I know some of you used that to your advantage through having ‘support’ games, but that move is a necessity for a variety of reasons.

Choose a game that you consider your main one, and our support team will assist you with transferring your purchases and/or unique buildings from your support game to the main one. Needless to say, there’s more detailed information coming later through our official Facebook community.

On the plus side, when this transition is over restoring your lost game will be much easier. Say, if you decided to get a new iPhone, transferring progress from an older iPad or iPhone to this new device will require you just signing in to Game Center and the latest version of your profile will be automatically downloaded from our servers without the hassle of contacting the support team.

You are welcome! There will be challenges both for new and experienced players.

What’s a CBM?

I can never rule out a possibility of a new edition of Mystery Super Building coming out, but that’s a distant possibility. Generally, there’s only one chance to get an event reward.

There’s a confirmation window for all Madlen’s offers since update 5.0
You can turn the confirmation window off if you like, though.

If you ever need to reset all of your settings to default for those kind of things, open up the Settings menu and choose Reset to Defaults. All confirmation windows will be back.

Well, we’ll repeat some special events, not all of them. As for the update schedule, we’ll try to do an update roughly every month, with a major one coming every 2-3 months.

I’ve thought I’ve got it covered with 'major updates' concerning space launches! We’ll see how it goes. There’s a lazy way of doing it and a proper way. The lazy way is to upgrade existing space buildings to a new level and get some additional collections and buildings from a new space mission while changing nothing at a game core. We’ve could have done it already, but I believe that’s boring, and we all deserve some new gameplay from space missions. Space, after all, is all about big dreams.

We’ll do our best, of course, but there’s no easy way to reduce power consumption without sacrificing game perfomance and/or scale. There’re some limitations that come from a proprietary game engine that we use, too. If it’s updated by its developers, we usually have to update to the latest version as well quite soon with all advantages and disadvantages it brings — once in a while we have to discontinue support of some older devices because of that, for example.

Thanks for your support!

Gotcha, although I wouldn’t promise anything specific.
And we’ll continue to improve our measures against cheaters, that’s for sure.
Free2Play About the iOS changes, does it only link to game center as in could we make a new game center account and somehow move our support game to the new account?

I'm not going to create a apple ID for 1 game but if a new game center account is enough that should be easy enough.

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Free2Play About the iOS changes, does it only link to game center as in could we make a new game center account and somehow move our support game to the new account?

I'm not going to create a apple ID for 1 game but if a new game center account is enough that should be easy enough.

I'm afraid those are linked, and you can't have a new game center account without a new Apple ID.
Support team will help you with transfer of anything valuable.

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
I'm afraid those are linked, and you can't have a new game center account without a new Apple ID.
Support team will help you with transfer of anything valuable.
Free2Play thats a shame, I doubt many people will be willing to lose any other apps they have linked to their apple ID just to setup a support for this game so support games on iOS are out for alot of us then.

Just to clear it up though if I was to make a separate apple id/ game center account for my iPad would you be able to help move my existing support game to the new account?

My support game has nothing "valuable" except alot of time invested in it to get it up in levels and that seems to be for nothing now so...

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
@Fencat How do you change/create a new Game Center account?
I didn't read up on it enough it seems I was under the impression you could make different game center accounts as the support page for it mentions loging out and creating a new account but it seems they simply mean create a new Apple ID and login with that instead so not really an option for most.

Top Bottom