Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

General Adventure flights strategy

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
Today I finished Roaring 20s - got all 6 Empire State buildings and for all of you interested about facts here they are.
For all destinations I used all available bonuses - GD, D, SG and SC + Weathervane and Jet Pack (for faster flights)

For 36 items from each destinations I needed
Manhattan - 164 flights
Brooklyn - 155
Queens - 141
Bronx - 150
Staten Island - 175

For one flight you need 350 passengers and 45 fuel - I didn't use any instant return as I spend already decent amount of fuel.
For steady income of passengers I used Family ticket and alarm clock (usually 3-4 family ticket and 2-3 alarm clocks per day)
All adventure lasted 6 playing days.
I used also Spirit of adventure bonus as with it map last for 18 hours.

Now it's Mesopotamia time :)

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
Congratulations @Kesh!
Thanks, I just shared some stats that can help those who are planing the same. Also This one is much easier then Giant excavation flights. Less demanding in fuel, passengers and flights are faster as falcons flight is much shorter so you can make twice as much flights as with giants (or every other older plane)

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
Thanks, I just shared some stats that can help those who are planing the same. Also This one is much easier then Giant excavation flights. Less demanding in fuel, passengers and flights are faster as falcons flight is much shorter so you can make twice as much flights as with giants (or every other older plane)
I appreciate the information too, will need it sooner or later :)
working on buying excavation maps for the first couple ones so far as I haven't got further then jets and 2 deltas yet but looking forward to trying it out soonish :D

Gt city

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
044oubj6
Username
Gt city 5 | Gt city 3
Today I finished Roaring 20s - got all 6 Empire State buildings and for all of you interested about facts here they are.
For all destinations I used all available bonuses - GD, D, SG and SC + Weathervane and Jet Pack (for faster flights)

For 36 items from each destinations I needed
Manhattan - 164 flights
Brooklyn - 155
Queens - 141
Bronx - 150
Staten Island - 175

For one flight you need 350 passengers and 45 fuel - I didn't use any instant return as I spend already decent amount of fuel.
For steady income of passengers I used Family ticket and alarm clock (usually 3-4 family ticket and 2-3 alarm clocks per day)
All adventure lasted 6 playing days.
I used also Spirit of adventure bonus as with it map last for 18 hours.

Now it's Mesopotamia time :)
Very good. I might started too. Have 2 Empire State Blgds, but would be nice to have all 6.
Need the same for other adventure bldgs. To have 6 of each, that's my goal (y)

Mia

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask me
Username
Mia
i started out with gathering six off each of the adventure buildings but airport is allready expanded to the max and it wouldent possebly fit all adventure buildings by the six so now i start with building three of each to save space
Glad to hear of a different take on these buildings, thanks, Mo :D
@Kesh (y)

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
Hopefully today I'll finish the Mesopotamia adventure flights.
For now I gathered 36 of each item from:
Assur - 137 flights
Lagash - 150 flights
Nineveh - 153 flights
Ur - 148 flights
Today is Babylon but not started well - out of 12 planes 1 already broke in first round so it will be harder especially if some more break (I'm using golden key all the time). Yesterday was good as 1st broke after 80+ flights.

Gt city

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
044oubj6
Username
Gt city 5 | Gt city 3
Assur - 137 flights
Lagash - 150 flights
Nineveh - 153 flights
Ur - 148 flights
Today is Babylon but not started well - out of 12 planes 1 already broke in first round so it will be harder especially if some more break (I'm using golden key all the time). Yesterday was good as 1st broke after 80+ flights.
How many maps did you collect before you starts flying to any of mentioned destinations?
I have now 62 Map Chests for Mesopotamia and 68 for New World. That means around 12 maps in average for every destination. I will try to fly with several bonuses. Have 2 Empires State Buildings already, want to get 4 more and 6 Towers of Babel, of course. (y)

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
How many maps did you collect before you starts flying to any of mentioned destinations?
I have now 62 Map Chests for Mesopotamia and 68 for New World. That means around 12 maps in average for every destination. I will try to fly with several bonuses. Have 2 Empires State Buildings already, want to get 4 more and 6 Towers of Babel, of course. (y)
I had 2 - 4 from each destination - but with Spirit of adventure bonus 1 map is enough for 36 items (and I'm using S3 planes - with jet pack and weathervane bonuses 1 round is 37 - 38 minutes - 45 with full landings and takeoffs). So with 6 hours of active bonuses if all planes function I can make up to 84 flights in 6 hours - maybe even one round more as I send all flights and turn bonuses when they are ready to collect.
I played 2 rounds daily to make use of 1 map to full.

I'm playing economically :)

suckerp

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
04sj8mjr
Username
SPNEW-NeededItem
As an adventure flight newbie I still have a couple of questions.
1. Are SG and D bonus really necessary or won't SD + SC be enough for adventure flights if you have enough maps?
2. After seeing the numbers of flights @Kesh provided (thank you) is it safe to assume that all locations, even the first ones, need about 150-200 flights to get 36 items from each location?
3. Are those numbers also true for the QL maps you get from launches or do we need to calculate more flights (and especially flight items) for those?
4. From which collection on you'd recommend not to instant return flights anymore because the price in fuel and passengers is too steep?
5. How do you get the Spirit of Adventure bonus @Kesh is talking about?

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
As an adventure flight newbie I still have a couple of questions.
1. Are SG and D bonus really necessary or won't SD + SC be enough for adventure flights if you have enough maps?
2. After seeing the numbers of flights @Kesh provided (thank you) is it safe to assume that all locations, even the first ones, need about 150-200 flights to get 36 items from each location?
3. Are those numbers also true for the QL maps you get from launches or do we need to calculate more flights (and especially flight items) for those?
4. From which collection on you'd recommend not to instant return flights anymore because the price in fuel and passengers is too steep?
5. How do you get the Spirit of Adventure bonus @Kesh is talking about?
Cheers - here are some answers
1. They are not necessary but they can improve drop rate (Dice especially). It's not about maps - most important is to try to get the best output from map while bonus is active (bonuses are those that costs)
2. Yes as for first 12 "levels" as Bob call them drops are seldom, for last 2 destinations drops are very seldom (thunderbird planes)
3. No, as drop rate is more rare for QL destinations (seldom vs. very seldom)
4. Depends on your city passengers production (you can gather fuel but it's more hard to obtain passengers at later stages) - I'd say that from jets it is hard to keep passengers production even with larger airports (mine is 2300, but you can calculate how many passengers per hour your city is producing - jets need 80 per flight, delta is already at 160).
5. It's from Mystery super bonus chest - you can get them from alliance destinations or buy for tokens when it is offer (there was a bug when items for those alliance collections drops from adventure buildings - then I got few)

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
Assur - 137 flights
Lagash - 150 flights
Nineveh - 153 flights
Ur - 148 flights
And finish Babylon - 187 flights - drop rates were much worse then for other destinations

suckerp

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
04sj8mjr
Username
SPNEW-NeededItem
Gotta get this one back up. :D

Luckily I decided to do adventure flights right before the CMB sale. Got me 72 Gold Tokens for 6 Aztec Pyramids and 6 Coliseum. :whistle:
Did them all in 2 days with just 2 GD and a lot fuel, passengers, Family Tickets and Alarm clocks.

But now it gets much harder or so I hear.
Without those special boni like Spirit of Adventure I guess @Robby Kusuma tactic of calculating the fuel you need for 150 flights for each map location and do them one by one is probably the best even if it will take more much time to get all collections because of the fuel needed.
The alternative would be to buy 12 of the needed planes and send them all at once and speed them up with weathervane and fuel catalyst. But for that I'd need to expand my reserve hangar since I won't just sell my S2 planes. And the greenies for that I need for land expansion atm. even if my Mints print them. :)
So I'll keep that tactic in mind for later. But for now land and also more passenger buildings have a higher priority than the hangar.

And I'm asking myself if it migt be better to do a green map run first, get a bunch of QL and then use the QL to get more fuel? Or will it cost more fuel than QL will later bring?

Device
  1. Android
Gotta get this one back up. :D

Luckily I decided to do adventure flights right before the CMB sale. Got me 72 Gold Tokens for 6 Aztec Pyramids and 6 Coliseum. :whistle:
Did them all in 2 days with just 2 GD and a lot fuel, passengers, Family Tickets and Alarm clocks.

But now it gets much harder or so I hear.
Without those special boni like Spirit of Adventure I guess @Robby Kusuma tactic of calculating the fuel you need for 150 flights for each map location and do them one by one is probably the best even if it will take more much time to get all collections because of the fuel needed.
The alternative would be to buy 12 of the needed planes and send them all at once and speed them up with weathervane and fuel catalyst. But for that I'd need to expand my reserve hangar since I won't just sell my S2 planes. And the greenies for that I need for land expansion atm. even if my Mints print them. :)
So I'll keep that tactic in mind for later. But for now land and also more passenger buildings have a higher priority than the hangar.

And I'm asking myself if it migt be better to do a green map run first, get a bunch of QL and then use the QL to get more fuel? Or will it cost more fuel than QL will later bring?
Of you are in a group that can do 15-20 launches per day, forget about QL.
Even with your own QL, you may not able to to 15-20.

I suggest you be patient colect you fuels.
You still need coins, max reserve hangar is 10, so 12 planes are not enough, even more if you have 19 like me.
Use the coins wisely, and collect the flight items.
As you will need them for alliance maps.

Remember, The Sky has No Limit.....

suckerp

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
04sj8mjr
Username
SPNEW-NeededItem
Check in you alliance maps if you have a set for smallest plane destinations - if you have full set maybe it's not that bad to use some fuel for that task as you can get needed bonuses which will come to good use for adventure.
Thanks for the tip. I just checked but unfortunately I only have 4 of 5 maps from the first 3 collections. :(
Hopefully I get them over time. But I'll keep that in mind for later. It's a marathon afterall.

You both think as a Musketeer ( :) ) Adventure maps are a better use of fuel and passengers than green QL maps, at least for now?

Device
  1. Android
Thanks for the tip. I just checked but unfortunately I only have 4 of 5 maps from the first 3 collections. :(
Hopefully I get them over time. But I'll keep that in mind for later. It's a marathon afterall.

You both think as a Musketeer ( :) ) Adventure maps are a better use of fuel and passengers than green QL maps, at least for now?
This is logic.
And not only The group you mention, out there many people do more than that.
But you can try QL, but my opinion adventures first.

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
Some stats for doing adventure flights to ancient africa maps (very seldom drops):
For 36 drops from each map it takes few weeks in slower pace without any speed ups except in the end. I use Sky captain and GD (tried few days in combo with dice and/or spy glass - not much improvement).
Timbuktu - 273 flights for 36
Cirta - 293 for 36
Tipaza - 258 for 36
Nairobi - 348 for 36 (I did few rounds with sky captain only)
Tripoli - 236 for 36
Addition 1-2 times per day I used golden key to avoid bigger breakdown rate - in general it was very good - only few times I got more then 2 planes broken per round (2 times 4 is maximum without golden key).

Top Bottom