Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Addicted to AC?

Device
  1. iPhone
Username
Teraph
... She hates AC despite having never played it.
My partner is the one who got me interested in AC. I was intrigued by the ability to pull out my phone to play anywhere and any time when I might otherwise be waiting with nothing to do. I found and joined the forums here fairly quickly while my friend eschews the benefits of online interplay, at least so far. Working on that. ;)

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
I've played a lot of those to death - including playing Civ 3 at night...and then realising it was 5.45am and I had to be up for work in an hour!

Have had most iterations of Champ Man/Football Manager and many of the Warcraft expansions - just don't like playing in groups with other people though.

Currently playing through Skyrim on the PS4 for the third time.
Also failing to be as good as my son at Fortnite too.

I've played a lot of mobile games from Game of War: Fire Age, through Dominations and onto AC to name but a few. I only started for a very particular reason to kill time, so do tend to tire of them after a whileand move onto something else, but this is doing well for me so far.

I started (PC) computer games with Railroad Tycoon, then the first Civilisation, and every version since then (I think Civ 6 was the last). Its very difficult to turn up at work late "because I was so immersed in Civilisation, I forgot the time...." But I did.

And the money I ever spent flying Microsoft Flightsim (from version 4 up to FSX) - expansion areas, controllers, more memory, better graphics, new faster computers.... and still it crashes as I guide my Easyjet A320 from Malaga to London Gatwick - usually on final approach - "out of memory" grrrrrrrrr. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Airport City is a real contrast. Spend only a little, play only a little, gain a lot of gameplay, and a real sense of achievement. Yes the 100 item limit is grossly offensive, but thats the trouble with gaming - I only play, I dont program the games. Although, perhaps some smart computer geek out there has already developed an "extension" that adjusts the limit in the program (there were hundreds of "extensions" to get around problems with Flight Simulator, but of course Microsoft had developed it to be an "open" program). I wish. :whistle:

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Being able to play an intelligent and challenging game anywhere on mobile is what has transformed me. I still have 2 or 3 hour sessions some evenings for space flights and adventures but it’s the 24/7 play without sitting at a desk that I like. Five minutes occasionally here and there is what works for me.

I don’t necessarily agree that using a ghost mouse program is cheating - I used to play a lot of flightsims and there was a lot of “help” aids for that to allow continuous desktop play when not sat at the desk. You could argue it evens the odds for desktop players competing against mobile players on AC.
I can only play AC for hours at a time if Im flying maps or doing QL launches. Otherwise, mobile is definitely better (though my battery hates me for it). A couple times an hour you can hop on, do some stuff for 5 to 10 mins, and hop off

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a3evr0p
Username
Cowboy Roper
I agree that the 100 unit limit is crippling. I am a long time player and fortunately my main game and my secondary games do not suffer from that 100 unit limit. I do not play my secondary games very much any more, as they are VERY low level and it would take too much time to bring them to an interesting level.

Originally I used my secondary games to sent my primary game gifts when I needed specific stuff such as the devices for weather effects or for completing buildings. The 'play video' option on my primary game wasn't working for about 2 years. The latest update fixed that, finally. I just came up with an idea of how I can use my secondary games in a new way to help with my primary game. I can't tell you that though, due to the nondisclosure agreement I signed with myself. (Girn) Why is it though that I always get this really great ideas at 3:50 AM? LOL

I play AC once or twice a day, for about 4 to 6 hours at a time. The game has been more enjoyable ever since I found the surprise free S3 planes (3 Giants and 3 Falcons), in my warehouse. Yes, I'm bragging. Sue me. (grin) Considering all the update nightmares that I have experienced over the past few years of playing AC, and the real money I have spent on this game, the S3 planes seem like compensation. Mind you it would be really cool if the weekly authorization code rewards changes to 3 coins and 2000 greenies. (Grin)

I am looking forward to the next update with the new event and the changes outlined to the game. I am hoping that the GI software developers roll out this update as smoothly as the last few updates have been.

Cheers,
Canadian Cowboy.

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
I was addicted to AC for many years. Then the Alliance competition began and it was very obvious, right from the start, that many players were cheating. When Alliances of two or three members can rack up millions of passengers in a week, the motivation to play the game is reduced if not eliminated entirely. Right now, for example, the Big Appetite Alliance with two members has 25,941,087 passengers. Really! Why bother to play when the cheaters are still active after how many years and GI is in no hurry to police the game?
AC went from the #1 game on my iPad to the #5 game. Nowadays I check it once or twice a day but the passion just isn't there anymore. I used to say that AC wasn't about playing against your neighbors, it was you versus the game. Now the game is too rigged to be fun.
Cheers,
Tom

Top Bottom