Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

6.16 update

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Hey everyone!
Here we are again with update coming your way next week.

A3xTmmMJDMTASljGEjjUufbmsyP1Z1.png

Xe4qumJNv4sCFCa6PnnPowY6zSlkUp.png

• Holiday Rush special event with a new reward building: Shopping Mall
  • Collect Snowflakes during the event and participate in the event ratings
  • Use Snowflakes to purchase bonuses and Mystery Super Buildings in the event shop; this will be the last event this year to feature MSBs as rewards
  • One more building, Miracle Mill, will be available through direct purchase
  • New UI for the Flights menu; it's finally here, and I love it
  • Some bug fixes, as usual
ewtIwoHSSh3JneA77lGfKGwOynl0nF.png

6QjPvuPksLQDdzuLtvk3jGcVmKhEru.png

One more thing. Unfortunately, the 7.0 major update that we've hoped to deliver towards the end of the year, isn't happening in 2018. Although many of the team members work on it behind the scenes for several months already, it's not polished enough to be released yet. As of now, based on our current progress with it, we hope to release it in February, 2019.

The good news here is that we plan to do a private beta test of this update in January, 2019 with invitations sent to select Airport City players. Those will be able to send several invitations to other players themselves, which means that given a few hours/days everyone on the forum will be able to join it. The beta test will be limited to iOS devices due to tech limitations (sorry about that), but the update itself is coming to all mobile versions, of course.

That's it for now, more details concerning 7.0 update are coming in 2019, and I hope you'll enjoy those updates that we release between now and then (there're a few of them planned).

Cheers,
Ivan, and the Airport City team.

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Also how do I change the language of the VK version of Airport city?
Also, when would helicopters be added to airport city VK?

Unfortunately, it's not possible to change language there, as it is Russian social networking website with everyone speaking Russian except @Airport city cheat who wanted this challenge for himself — don't ask me why. Facebook version has all the same features and supports multiple languages. Helicopters on Facebook and other website versions are a sad story; we had them in production for a long time, but as of now they're postponed until we figure out what will be our next step with helicopters in general.

Last edited:

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
I wonder who is the artist doing the event artwork. They did a really good job. Kudos to them.

It's hard to be precise with names and numbers, because some of the artists work on several Game Insight titles at the same time. But it is up to 18 artists at max who work on cover art, buildings, and planes for Airport City, and around 12 of them work on AC full time.

Looks good. Think I skipped this event last year so looking forward to it. Is the plan for the Santa event afterwards too?

Off topic, As general unsolicited feedback I think 2018 has been a pretty positive year for the game as a whole. There’s a lot more to do rather than just logging in every few hours to land/dispatch planes. I introduced a couple of friends last year and they got bored pretty quickly of the lack of initial progress with small terminals, less planes etc so deleted it.

I think some of the changes this year have made a real difference to hooking people in, and it’s been noticeable on the forum too how many people appear with 20k passengers a week and get to 100k+ very quickly. Also, 2017 was the year of the big, and I’ve found it much more stable this year.

Airport Arne

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
please PM
Username
Arne /item
Which flight items are required this time?
You used to get the mugs form regular destination as Washington, Paris and others (forgot most of them, I think Capetown was one of them, too).

Thanks for the update information!
I guess this has been brought up previously, but now with the flight UI change I will raise it again: why grouping flights by level and not planes? I guess no matter what level you are at, you choose the plane that you would like to start, and the chosen destination is usually not depending on the level that you are at... o_O
Especially, as people are in higher levels than the respective destinations that they want to fly too, even in lower levels.

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
You used to get the mugs form regular destination as Washington, Paris and others (forgot most of them, I think Capetown was one of them, too).

I guess this has been brought up previously, but now with the flight UI change I will raise it again: why grouping flights by level and not planes? I guess no matter what level you are at, you choose the plane that you would like to start, and the chosen destination is usually not depending on the level that you are at... o_O
Especially, as people are in higher levels than the respective destinations that they want to fly too, even in lower levels.

Some of the game designers feel the same way, that it should be sorted by planes instead of levels. But I think levels are easier to understand if you're new to the game: if you're on level 15, and there's a flight available on level 15, it's easy to figure out what else you need at this point and what is your next goal. The other thing is right now we have ~10 tabs for levels and there're ~10 types of planes, and it seems like a good match. But if we add, say, another 3 types of planes — we run out of space to fit them all in; no such problem with levels.

Grouping by type of plane would be nice!
I never used the level tab, I find it pretty much useless.

Some of the game designers feel the same way, that it should be sorted by planes instead of levels. But I think levels are easier to understand if you're new to the game: if you're on level 15, and there's a flight available on level 15, it's easy to figure out what else you need at this point and what is your next goal. The other thing is right now we have ~10 tabs for levels and there're ~10 types of planes, and it seems like a good match. But if we add, say, another 3 types of planes — we run out of space to fit them all in; no such problem with levels.
in terms of space you could let the lower level planes have their own tab but group them in pairs from eg, giant and above (which corresponds to more experienced players, thus they wouldn’t be confused by that grouping)

Arggers

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
272ehvl7
Username
Arggers
Grouping by type of plane would be nice!
I never used the level tab, I find it pretty much useless.

No I find it useless so don't use it either.

Why not group by minimum runway required? That allows for event planes too.

Hey everyone!
Here we are again with update coming your way next week.

A3xTmmMJDMTASljGEjjUufbmsyP1Z1.png

Xe4qumJNv4sCFCa6PnnPowY6zSlkUp.png

• Holiday Rush special event with a new reward building: Shopping Mall
  • Collect Snowflakes during the event and participate in the event ratings
  • Use Snowflakes to purchase bonuses and Mystery Super Buildings in the event shop; this will be the last event this year to feature MSBs as rewards
  • One more building, Miracle Mill, will be available through direct purchase
  • New UI for the Flights menu; it's finally here, and I love it
  • Some bug fixes, as usual
ewtIwoHSSh3JneA77lGfKGwOynl0nF.png

6QjPvuPksLQDdzuLtvk3jGcVmKhEru.png

One more thing. Unfortunately, the 7.0 major update that we've hoped to deliver towards the end of the year, isn't happening in 2018. Although many of the team members work on it behind the scenes for several months already, it's not polished enough to be released yet. As of now, based on our current progress with it, we hope to release it in February, 2019.

The good news here is that we plan to do a private beta test of this update in January, 2019 with invitations sent to select Airport City players. Those will be able to send several invitations to other players themselves, which means that given a few hours/days everyone on the forum will be able to join it. The beta test will be limited to iOS devices due to tech limitations (sorry about that), but the update itself is coming to all mobile versions, of course.

That's it for now, more details concerning 7.0 update are coming in 2019, and I hope you'll enjoy those updates that we release between now and then (there're a few of them planned).

Cheers,
Ivan, and the Airport City team.
Many thanks for new update , and what coming in 2019 .

Top Bottom